Search This Blog

Monday 19 November 2007

Lunch

One of the joys of not buying lunch in a canteen is that you can actually have a rewarding experience eating it. In fact being able to make it just the way you want to is pretty rewarding too..

So today I decided to see what I could come up with in the sandwich arena and I ended up with this: Some sort of generic brown bread roll, Gubbeen cheese, Strong Irish Mustard, some green and red onions, avocado, kalamata olives, vine tomatoes, a couple of baby spinach and rocket leaves, and some salami, sasoned fairly generously with pepper and salt. I probably should have washed it down with a nice cold beer but the cloudy apple juice was more than enough for me at lunch.



Verdict: It was quite good but the Gubbeen, Salami and Olives have more than enough salt on their own so I probably should not use any additional salt the next time. It would have benefited from having more tomato too and ideally we'd want a really nice artisan bread to wrap it all up in. Anyone know of a good baker near Celbridge so I can get it right tomorrow?



2 comments:

Fantata said...

Man Joe,
That's what I like to see.
A man with time on his hands to blog about the things that really matter :)

Regards,
Finner

Anonymous said...

Very nice dude