Search This Blog

Monday 17 March 2014

Raïa on Coke Lane

I hit Smithfield on my way in to town earlier to see if I could find the RAIA/Raïa pieces I’d missed on Coke Lane last weekend. I found the two I was there to see, plus some extras down by Frank Ryan’s Bar that I hadn’t known would be there. I’m intrigued by these three, will need to see if I can place them all, the last one is almost certainly Phil Lynott, wondering about the others.

DSC_0003_thumb[3]DSC_0012_thumb[2]

DSC_0006_thumb[4]DSC_0007_thumb[6]DSC_0008_thumb[5]

So objective one was complete.

Heading on into town, on the way past Fegans and the peerless Saudade I think someone has been adding some colour: I’m quite taken by the sentiment I have to say..

DSC_0016_thumb[4]

Then it was more or less straight up the quays, generally looking for any pieces by Zlashing that I haven’t seen yet. Found one that had been painted over but couldn’t make it out.

Finally got a chance to snap the shutter of The Barbers Room on College St. I pass this every day but the light is almost always terrible. Having a good camera and a lens capable of stopping down to F/1.8 helps enormously.

DSC_0033_thumb[3]

Every time I see that I get a terrible urge to have my head completely shaved.

No comments: